Surrogacy in Chicago
Your Guide to Chicago Surrogacy Resources
Want to learn how to become a surrogate in Chicago? Want to have a baby via surrogacy in Chicago? Start here with this complete list of Chicago surrogacy resources.
The Chicago surrogacy process requires many people and steps to complete it. Intended parents and surrogates alike will need experienced surrogacy professionals to guide them throughout the process and to help them to achieve their dream of creating families through surrogacy in Chicago, IL.
Or, you can use the following list of local resources to find a Chicago surrogacy agency, clinic, and other resources you’ll need in pursuit of your surrogacy goal:
Surrogacy Agencies in Chicago
For intended parents and surrogates who wanted to complete the process from start to finish with one professional, a Chicago surrogacy agency is often the preferred choice. National surrogate agencies and local surrogacy agencies offer screening, matching, counseling and case management, in addition to referrals to anything else you might need. Unlike with independent surrogacy, Chicago agencies handle everything for you, and usually provide all of the services you’ll need in one place.
Some of the best surrogate agencies in Chicago include:
- American Surrogacy
- Golden Surrogacy
- Family Source Consultants
- Alternative Reproductive Resources
- Illinois Surrogate Agency
Surrogacy Clinics in Chicago, Illinois
Surrogates tend to work with the intended parents’ fertility clinic for procedures like the embryo transfer, as the intended parents may have already had a relationship with a particular clinic from past fertility treatments. Any travel expenses or lost wages that a surrogate incurs during these appointments will be compensated for her by the intended parents. Once a healthy pregnancy has been confirmed, the surrogate can go to her regular OBGYN for routine prenatal care.
If intended parents don’t have a prior relationship with a Chicago surrogacy clinic, a surrogacy agency can usually refer you to a reputable professional, or you could contact any of these local Chicago surrogacy clinics for the medical process:
- Fertility Centers of Illinois
- Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago
- University of Illinois at Chicago IVF Program
- Vios Fertility
- Midwest Fertility Center
- Reproductive Medicine Institute
- Institute for Human Reproduction
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Chicago Surrogacy Lawyers
For the legal steps of the process of surrogacy in Chicago, intended parents and surrogates will need separate representation from Chicago surrogacy attorneys. Your attorney is there to draft and negotiate your surrogacy contracts in accordance with the Illinois Gestational Surrogacy Act, ensure that legal parental rights are correctly established and that your surrogacy process is completed legally and ethically.
Most Chicago surrogacy agencies can connect you with the surrogacy lawyer you’ll need, but you may wish to contact a local attorney for surrogacy in Chicago like one of the following professionals:
- Genie Miller Gillespie, Attorney at Law
- Berger Schatz Family Building
- The Law Office of Ryan C. Ferrante
- Jill M. Metz & Associates, Attorneys at Law
- Di Monte & Lizak, LLC
- Ross & Zuckerman, LLP
- Desai & Miller
- Law Office of Denise J. Patton
- Spence & Elster, P.C.
- Schlesinger & Strauss, LLC
- The Law Offices of David Sternfield, LLC
- Andrew Cores Family Law Group
Maternity Hospitals in Chicago
Surrogates in Chicago will work with their intended parents to create a birth plan early in the surrogacy process, including deciding where they’d like to deliver. Intended parents usually travel to the surrogate when she goes into labor so that they can support her and welcome their baby together. Having an established birth plan can also help surrogates feel more prepared and confident as their due date approaches.
Some Chicagoland options for your surrogate birth plan include:
- Swedish Covenant Hospital
- Rush Family Birth Center
- University of Chicago Birth Center
- UI Health Family Birth Place
- Mercy Hospital Family Birth Center
- Norwegian American Hospital
- Bernard Hospital
- Northwestern Medicine Prentice Women’s Hospital
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Mount Sinai Hospital and Holy Cross Hospital
- The Family Birthplace at Presence Saint Joseph Hospital
- Advocate Medical Group Midwifery
Starting Your Chicago Surrogacy Process
Partnering with the right professional is almost as important as partnering with the right person for your journey with surrogacy. Chicago has many options for surrogacy professionals, so how will you know which one is the right one for you?
Finding a professional who meets your unique set of needs and goals starts with asking them the right questions. Always be sure to ask:
- What are your requirements for potential intended parents and surrogates?
- How do you screen surrogates and intended parents?
- Do you match surrogates and intended parents yourselves? If so, how do you match them?
- What other services do you offer?
- How much does it cost to work with you, on average?
Want to learn more? Or, are you ready to get started?
If you’re ready to start the process of surrogacy in Chicago, contact a professional now to receive information about how to become parents or a surrogate mother in Chicago, IL.