California Surrogacy Professionals
CA Surrogacy Agencies, Programs, Attorneys and More
Not sure how to find California surrogacy agencies, attorneys, fertility clinics and all the professionals needed to complete the CA surrogacy process? This resource list of California surrogacy professionals is where you should start!
The following guide to the best CA surrogacy resources will help connect you to the professionals you need to become a parent through surrogacy or become a surrogate in California. Working with the right professionals is paramount to a successful surrogacy journey. That’s why we’ve compiled the best legal professionals, medical providers and surrogacy agencies in California into one comprehensive guide.
Or, you can start with this list of lawyers, programs, clinics and surrogate agencies. California has plenty of options for intended parents and surrogates, so you can start pursuing your surrogacy dream here.
Surrogacy Agencies in California
A California surrogate agency provides screening, matching, case management and counseling services for intended parents and surrogates in addition to referrals to any necessary fertility clinics and legal professionals. Surrogates and intended parents who don’t have any prior experience with surrogacy often prefer working with surrogacy agencies. California intended parents and surrogates can access all the necessary services through one professional.
To learn more, contact any of these surrogate agencies in California:
- American Surrogacy
- Coastal Surrogacy
- Building Families, Inc.
- Egg Donor & Surrogacy Institute
- Same Love Surrogacy
International Surrogacy Agencies in California
For intended parents who reside outside of the U.S. in countries where surrogacy is not permitted or well-regulated, a California international surrogacy center can be a good option for growing their family legally and ethically. It’s common for international parents to work with a U.S. surrogate mother agency. California surrogates can choose to partner with these foreign parents through a surrogacy programs in California like the ones below.
Foreign intended parents and California surrogates who wish to partner with international families can contact these international surrogacy agencies in California for more information:
- American Surrogacy
- Center for Surrogate Parenting, Inc.
- International Surrogacy Center
- California Surrogacy Center
- West Coast Surrogacy, Inc.
Surrogacy Clinics in California
In order to complete the medical steps of the surrogacy process, surrogates and intended parents will need to coordinate with a local fertility clinic in California, often called a surrogacy clinic. California surrogates and intended parents will complete medical processes like in vitro fertilization (IVF) and embryo transfers at this clinic. Some intended parents may have been receiving fertility treatments at a particular clinic, so they may prefer to continue going to that same clinic for their surrogacy processes. Their surrogate will generally travel to that clinic for one or two key appointments.
If you don’t already have a relationship with a fertility clinic, you can typically get referred to a reputable professional through your surrogacy agency. California clinics like the ones below will be able to help you complete the medical steps of your surrogacy journey:
- San Diego Fertility Center
- California Fertility Partners
- Southern California Reproductive Center
- California IVF Fertility Center
- Northern California Fertility Medical Center
- Southern California Center for Reproductive Medicine
- HRC Fertility Pasadena
- Western Fertility Institute
- Lane Fertility Institute
- Tree of Life Center
- Santa Monica Fertility
- Santa Barbara Fertility Center
- Advanced Fertility Associates Medical Group, Inc.
California Surrogacy Lawyers
You’ll need representation from a California surrogacy attorney, also sometimes called an ART attorney, that’s separate from your surrogacy partner. Your attorney will complete the legal stages of your surrogacy process. Your California surrogate agency can usually refer you to a surrogacy lawyer in CA, or you could reach out to one of these local professionals:
- R & S Law Group, LLP
- Law Office Cecil & Cianci, PC
- Gay Family Law Center
- The Law Offices of David H. Baum
- The Law Office of Erin C. O’Kane, Esq.
- Contreras Law Firm
- Meyers & O’Hara, LLP
- Masler Surrogacy Law
- The Wald Law Group, P.C.
- Boyd Law
- Tristan Tegroen
- Law Offices of Sherrie L. Davidson, Inc.
- The Law Offices of D. Durand Cook
Maternity Hospitals in California
When creating a surrogacy contract, CA surrogates and intended parents will talk about how and where the surrogate prefers to deliver. You’ll typically establish a birth plan relatively early so that everyone knows what will happen when the surrogate goes into labor. Generally, intended parents travel to their surrogate so that they can be there to support her and welcome their baby with her.
Some California maternity hospitals and birthing centers that you could utilize in your surrogate birth plan include:
- California Hospital Medical Center
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns
- Sutter Health CPMC
- Joseph’s Hospital
- Paradise Valley Hospital
- Centinela Hospital Medical Center
- Mission Hospital
- Garden Grove Hospital Medical Center
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital Women’s Health Center
- MemorialCare – The Women’s Hospital
- UCSF Better Irene Moore Women’s Hospital
- Redwood Memorial St. Joseph
- Montclair Hospital Medical Center
- The Birth Center
- Santa Barbara Midwifery & Birth Center
- Acorn Birth Center
- Antelope Valley Birth Center
- Family Centered Birth
How to Know You’re Working with the Right California Professionals
Everyone looks for something different in their ideal surrogacy professional. Just like finding the right surrogate or intended parents to partner with, finding the right professional to partner with is extremely important. It’s crucial that you trust your surrogacy professional and that you feel comfortable with them in addition to them meeting your individual needs. National agencies as well as northern and southern California surrogacy agencies can help you complete the complex processes involved in surrogacy. One of the best ways to ascertain if potential surrogate agencies in California are the right fit for you is to ask the right questions. Always be sure to ask:
- About the screening process for intended parents and surrogates
- About the requirements that surrogates and intended parents must meet in order to work with that professional
- If they provide matching services for intended parents and surrogates, and if so, how they’re matched
- If there are any other services offered
- If they provide legal representation for surrogates and intended parents
- About the average costs that an intended parent should anticipate paying with that professional
Finding the right surrogacy services in California for your needs is one of the best first steps you can take toward having a successful surrogacy experience. If you’d like more information about how to become an intended parent or how to become a surrogate in California, or if you’d like to start the California surrogacy process, contact a local surrogacy professional now.