People seeking infertility help can take the following steps to find assistance quickly:
- Step 1: Check with your health insurance before starting your infertility treatment journey
- Step 2: Search online for “infertility help near me”
- Step 3: Call fertility clinics and medical practices to ask about their offerings
Infertility professionals like those at surrogacy agencies will answer any questions about infertility treatment and family-building options. In the meantime, find out more about the steps to help you “find infertility help near me.”
Disclaimer: You should always speak to a medical professional if you think you’re experiencing infertility. This article is only intended for educational purposes and should not be taken as medical advice.
How to “Find Infertility Help Near Me”
Before we discuss the steps to take to find reliable “infertility help near me,” we want to tell you that infertility is not your fault. Infertility is common and affects nearly 10% of women and 10% of men. You are not alone, and infertility counselors and support groups can help during this frustrating time.
Step 1: Check Your Health Insurance Benefits
Before you start your journey to finding “infertility help near me,” check if you and your partner’s health insurance covers fertility treatment. All insurance plans are different, but the following can help you determine if your insurance will help pay for your care:
- Ask what types of infertility treatments are covered
- Research what fertility doctors are in your network of providers
- Check to see how many cycles of infertility treatment are covered
- See if your insurance would cover other family-building options like surrogacy or adoption
Infertility treatment can be expensive, so it’s essential to know what you can afford and what you can get help with before embarking on this journey.
Step 2: Search for “Infertility Treatment Near Me”
One of the simplest things you can do to ensure a smooth infertility treatment journey is to search online for “infertility treatment near me.”
You’ll often get a list of dozens or more clinics and medical facilities near your city. Take some time to visit each site to see each place’s services.
Another helpful way to narrow your list of clinics to research is by looking at each clinic’s reviews. Although some reviews don’t reflect a practice’s services, a clinic with positive reviews is typically worth checking out.
Step 3: Talk to a Professional at a Clinic
After you’ve narrowed down your “infertility treatment near me” list, it’s time to call clinics to ask some questions. Some questions to start with include:
- What insurance do you take?
- How long have you been open? Is there a lot of staff turnover?
- What procedures do you do? How often are you open?
- Do you have age limits?
- Who decides how many embryos go into my body after fertilization?
- What do your treatments cost?
Keep in mind that if a clinic says it offers low-cost services, that’s not necessarily a good thing. Free or low-cost services could indicate you’re talking to a practice with hidden costs, etc.
Moving From Infertility to Surrogacy
If you’ve already researched “infertility treatment near me,” have tried the options available, and haven’t conceived, you can still become a parent through surrogacy.
Before you pursue surrogacy, make sure you’ve taken all the time you need to accept your diagnosis and are ready to become a parent rather than experience pregnancy.
Even if you aren’t 100% certain that surrogacy is right for you, you can reach out to a surrogacy professional for advice. People who work at surrogacy agencies have an extensive list of infertility counseling and support group resources to help you move through your grief and decide what you want to do next.
Most surrogacies include a surrogate who carries a baby, intended parents (you), and a surrogacy agency.
While you could search for a surrogate on your own, a surrogacy agency will provide you with everything you need – including the guarantee of having a baby – safely and legally.
The following are some of the benefits you can experience when you work with a surrogacy agency:
- A surrogacy professional who provides support
- References to other surrogacy professionals
- Help with finding a surrogate who meets your needs and has similar goals
- More predictable wait times
- A guarantee of having a child at the end of your journey
Searching for “Infertility Help Near Me” and Growing Your Family
You likely live near fertility clinics and can easily find “infertility help near me” quickly. Take your time to research each practice and choose to work with someone you trust. Because even if you cannot conceive through fertility treatments, you can talk to a professional to find out what other family-building options you can try.