The process of surrogacy in Houston, Texas, is a complex one, and there are a number of surrogacy professionals needed to complete it. You’ll want to work with professionals who are compassionate and extremely knowledgeable about Houston surrogacy. Whether you’re hoping to become parents through surrogacy, or you want to become a surrogate mother in Houston, the following list of resources can help you find the professionals you’ll need.
Or, use the following list of Houston surrogacy professionals to connect with the people who will help you become an intended parent or surrogate in Houston, TX:
Surrogacy Agencies in Houston, Texas
Intended parents and surrogates can receive screening and matching services through a surrogacy agency. Houston agencies and national surrogacy agencies also provide counseling and case management services in addition to referrals to local attorneys and clinics, so you only need to contact one professional throughout the entire course of your surrogacy journey. Houston surrogacy agencies are a kind of “one-stop shop” for intended parents and surrogates, offering all of the services you’ll need to complete the surrogacy process in full. Many intended parents and surrogates who have no prior experience with surrogacy prefer working with agencies rather than pursuing surrogacy independently.
The best surrogate agencies in Houston and national agencies serving the Houston area include:
Surrogacy Clinics in Houston, Texas
For the medical steps of the surrogacy process, such as IVF and embryo transfer, intended parents and surrogates in Houston will need access to a local fertility clinic, sometimes called a Houston surrogacy clinic.
Intended parents are often the ones to choose the surrogacy clinic. Some intended parents may have already been receiving fertility treatments through a local fertility clinic, and may wish to continue the medical aspects of their surrogacy journey with that professional. So a surrogate may need to travel to the intended parents’ clinic for some of the key medical appointments, such as embryo transfers. All travel expenses incurred during any of those trips will be compensated for the surrogate by the intended parents.
If intended parents don’t have a prior relationship with a Houston surrogacy clinic, a surrogacy agency can typically refer you to a trusted professional, or you could choose to work with one of the following local clinics:
- Advanced Fertility Center of Texas
- Houston Fertility Institute
- CCRM Houston
- Aspire Fertility
- Texas Children’s Hospital Family Fertility Center
- Center of Reproductive Medicine
- Fertility Resources of Houston, LLC
- Houston Bay Area Fertility Center
- Houston Fertility Solutions
When a healthy pregnancy has been confirmed, surrogates can continue their standard prenatal medical care with their own OBGYN.
Houston Surrogacy Lawyers
Individual legal representation by a Houston surrogacy attorney will be required for both the intended parents as well as the surrogate for the legal steps of the surrogacy process. Your surrogacy agency in Houston can connect you with an attorney for surrogacy in Houston, or you could get in touch with one of these attorneys:
- The Robinowitz Law Firm, P.C.
- The Farias Law Firm
- The Royalls, Attorneys and Counselors at Law
- Alea Holladay, Attorney at Law
- Law Office of Michael D. Tracton, P.C.
- Ramos Law Group, PLLC
- Wendy L. Prater, Attorney at Law
- The Bayley Law Firm
- The Hibler Law Firm
Your Houston surrogacy attorney will draft your surrogacy contract, petition for it to receive judicial approval prior to beginning embryo transfers and ensure that your surrogacy process meets all Texas surrogacy laws.
Maternity Hospitals in Houston
The intended parents will typically travel to the surrogate’s hospital of choice to support her and join her in welcoming their baby. Surrogates will create a birth plan that they feel comfortable with early in the process of surrogacy. Houston has many options for maternity hospitals and birthing centers, such as the following:
- Joseph Women’s Medical Center
- The Woman’s Hospital of Texas
- Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical Center
- Houston Methodist Childbirth Centers
- CHI St. Luke’s Health Family Birthing Centers
- Ben Taub Hospital and Lyndon B. John Hospital
- Clear Lake Regional Medical Center
Choosing the Right Houston Surrogacy Professional for You
Finding the right professionals for surrogacy in Houston for your personal needs and goals can seem tricky, but asking the right questions can help you to determine if a professional is a good fit for you. Ask:
- What requirements intended parents and surrogates must meet to work with this professional
- How they screen surrogates and intended parents
- What services they offer for surrogates and intended parents
- If they match intended parents and surrogates, and if so, how
- What costs you can anticipate with their services
Feeling comfortable with your professional is important for choosing the best surrogacy agencies. Houston, TX has a number of surrogacy professionals who can help you achieve your dreams of becoming a parent or a surrogate in Houston! Contact a Houston surrogacy professional now to learn more.