The following IL surrogacy resource list will help you achieve your goals of becoming a parent through surrogacy or becoming a surrogate for someone else in Illinois. Here, you can find the professionals you’ll need to work with and other helpful resources within the state.
Or, start with this list of surrogate agencies in Illinois and find the resources and professionals you’ll need to complete your surrogacy journey:
Surrogacy Agencies in Illinois
Surrogate agencies in Illinois provide screening, matching, case management and counseling services to both intended parents and surrogates, in addition to referrals to local fertility clinics and legal representation. Particularly for surrogates and intended parents who have no prior experience with surrogacy, working with national surrogate agencies or surrogacy agencies in Illinois is the preferred choice over independent surrogacy because with a surrogacy agency, Illinois surrogates and intended parents can receive all the services needed to complete their surrogacy journey through one professional.
The best surrogacy agencies in Illinois include:
- American Surrogacy
- Parenting Partners
- Golden Surrogacy
- Alternative Reproductive Resources
- The Illinois Center for Surrogacy
- Family Source Consultants
International Surrogacy Agencies in Illinois
For intended parents living outside of the United States, an Illinois international surrogacy center provides the best option for expanding their family. Some local surrogacy agencies also provide international surrogacy programs in IL, so U.S. surrogates can choose to work with foreign intended parents.
Illinois’ well-regulated surrogacy process is ideal for international intended parents whose own country may not offer legal or ethical surrogacy options.
Foreign intended parents and Illinois surrogates who would like to work with an international intended family can contact these international surrogacy agencies in Illinois:
Surrogacy Clinics in Illinois
Both intended parents and surrogates will need access to a local fertility clinic in Illinois, which is also sometimes referred to as a surrogacy clinic. This is where you’ll complete the medical stages of the surrogacy process, like in vitro fertilization (IVF), embryo transfer and more. Many intended parents were previously undergoing fertility treatments through a clinic, so they may wish to continue their surrogacy journey with that particular clinic. Surrogacy professionals can also often refer you to a trust local Illinois surrogacy clinic.
If you don’t already have an established fertility clinic, here are some Illinois surrogacy clinics that can help you complete the medical stages of your surrogacy process:
- Chicago IVF
- Fertility Centers of Illinois
- Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago
- SIRM Central Illinois
- Oak Brook Fertility Center
- University of Illinois IVF Program
- Advanced Reproductive Center
- North Shore Fertility
- InVia Fertility
- Midwest Fertility Center
- Northwestern Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- SIU School of Medicine Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Center for Reproductive Health
Illinois Surrogacy Lawyers
Individual representation by an Illinois surrogacy attorney, also sometimes referred to as an ART attorney, is needed for the intended parents and the surrogate for the legal steps of surrogacy. Most Illinois surrogacy agencies can connect you to a surrogacy lawyer in IL for those legal processes, but you could also contact one of these local professionals:
- The Law Office of Denise J. Patton
- The Law Office of Candace O’Brien
- Butler, Giraudo & Meister, P.C.
- Berger Schatz
- Jill M. Metz & Associates, Attorneys at Law
- Genie Miller Gillespie, Attorney at Law
- Bolen Robinson & Ellis, LLP
- Fay, Farrow & Associates, P.C.
- Ross & Zuckerman, LLP
- Desai & Miller
- Levy Law Solutions
- Spence & Elster, P.C.
- Stange Law Firm, P.C.
- The Law Office of Nicholas W. Richardson, P.C.
- Schlesinger & Strauss, LLC
- Abear Law Offices
- The Law Offices of Cosmo Tedone and Barbara Morton, P.C.
Maternity Hospitals in Illinois
Surrogates in Illinois will generally decide how and where they’d like to deliver the intended parents’ baby during the surrogacy contract phase. Intended parents typically travel to support the surrogate and to join her in welcoming the baby, so it can be helpful to know where this will take place. Having an established birth plan can also help you as a surrogate to feel more prepared and at ease prior to going into labor.
Some options for maternity hospitals and birthing centers in Illinois that you could choose from include:
- UI Health Family Birth Place
- Rush Family Birth Center
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital Family Birthing Center
- Advocate Christ Medical Center Women & Infants Birthing Center
- Memorial Medical Center Family Maternity Suites
- UnityPoint Health Family Birthing Center
- Saint Anthony Hospital Maternity Center
- The Family Birthplace of Westlake Hospital
- Mercy Hospital Family Birth Center
- OSF HealthCare
- Alton Memorial Hospital Women’s Health and Childbirth Center
- Southern Illinois Healthcare
- Women and Infants Center at HSHS St. John’s Hospital
- Decatur Memorial Hospital Maternity and Pediatrics
- Elizabeth’s Women and Infants Center
- Mercyhealth Birthing Center
- NorthShore University HealthSystem
- West Suburban Midwife Associates
- Gentle Birth Care
- Childbirth the Way Nature Intended, Inc.
- Silvis BirthCenter
How to Choose the Best Illinois Surrogacy Professionals
Deciding which surrogacy agency in Illinois you want to guide you through the process can feel overwhelming, but asking the right questions can help you find the right fit for your surrogacy goals and needs. Some questions you should considering asking potential surrogate agencies in Illinois include:
- How are intended parents and surrogates screened?
- What requirements do surrogates and intended parents have to meet in order to work with you?
- Do you match surrogates and intended parents? If so, how are they matched?
- What services do you offer for intended parents and surrogates?
- Do you offer legal representation for each party?
- What are the average costs that an intended parent will typically pay for your services?
Surrogacy professionals are not a “one-size-fits-all” solution. Everyone will look for something slightly different in a potential surrogacy professional, so having a list of questions that will help you ascertain if this particular surrogacy agency in Illinois is the right one for you will be important.
Are you ready to begin the Illinois surrogacy process? Want to request more information about how to become an intended parent or a surrogate mother in Illinois? Contact a local surrogacy professional here for more information now.