8 Places to Find the Latest Surrogacy News
Looking for surrogacy news and surrogacy articles? We round up the eight places you must look to learn more about the surrogacy process.
Surrogacy (and all assisted reproductive technology) is a rapidly changing field. Because the medicine involved in these processes is continually advancing, the methods available to intended parents and surrogates will likely be different from year to year. That’s why, if you’re considering surrogacy or any other assisted reproductive technology (ART) method, it’s important to keep up to date on ART and surrogacy news.
The surrogacy professional and lawyer that you choose to work with should always be up-to-date on the latest surrogacy news to better serve you as an intended parent or surrogate. Not only is this crucial to make sure you’re receiving the best ART and surrogacy care, but also to make sure that all appropriate laws are followed. You should be aware of surrogacy news articles on any recent changes in legislation, as they will directly affect your surrogacy process.
So, where are the best places to find surrogacy articles and surrogacy news?
Because surrogacy is one aspect of a larger industry — ART — it’s usually best to stay updated on both industries, rather than just one. Surrogacy involves many ART processes, including in vitro fertilization and gamete donation, so it’s important that you are up to date on all ART news, not just surrogacy news.
You should be able to receive good ART and surrogacy news from your surrogacy professional, fertility clinic and surrogacy lawyer; some may even maintain a blog of ART and surrogacy news releases. In addition, some great places to find articles on surrogacy and ART are:
- The American Society for Reproductive Medicine can give you surrogacy news in the form of recently announced research, journals and newsletters and committee reports and statements.
- The Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology offers ART and surrogacy news, as well as information on professionals and providers, the IVF process and more.
- The American Academy of Assisted Reproductive Technology Attorneys publishes recent ART-related cases and information on ART processes like surrogacy and gamete donation.
- The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development allows you to search its recent news releases for the terms “assisted reproductive technology” and “surrogacy.”
- Surrogacy360 is a great resource for information on international surrogacy, including current countries’ laws on the process.
- The Huffington Post includes a “surrogacy” section with news and feature stories, as well as a section for assisted reproductive technology news.
- The New York Times has an assisted reproductive technology news section, which also covers surrogacy news and information.
- Science Daily has a news section for fertility-related issues, under which ART and surrogacy articles fall.
In addition to these sources, it’s a good idea to keep an eye out for ART and surrogacy news from other general news sources, blogs and social media. The surrogacy articles on Surrogate.com are also continually updated based on the latest surrogacy news in the U.S. and beyond.