Benefits of Surrogacy for Everyone Involved
Learn more about some of the top surrogacy advantages for intended parents and surrogates.
Surrogacy means something different to each person it touches. For intended parents, it is the chance to finally complete their family and realize their dreams of parenthood. For surrogates, it is the chance of a lifetime to give selflessly to another family who needs them.
For both parties, surrogacy is an extraordinary journey and a deeply rewarding experience unlike any other. In this article, discover some of surrogacy’s top benefits for the couples and individuals whose lives are changed by this experience.
Surrogacy Benefits for Intended Parents
Intended parents come from all different backgrounds — many are same-sex couples or hopeful single parents who are ready to start a family, while others have struggled for years with infertility and have exhausted their fertility treatment options. However, all of these intended parents have one thing in common: a strong desire to add to their families. For these couples and individuals, surrogacy makes this dream possible.
The advantages of surrogacy are clear to the hundreds of families who have been created in this special way. Here are just a few surrogacy benefits that intended parents enjoy:
- Surrogacy allows infertile couples, single people and members of the LGBT community to become parents when they may not be able to have children otherwise.
- In most cases, gestational surrogacy allows one or both parents to be biologically related to their child.
- Surrogacy gives hopeful parents the opportunity to raise a child from birth.
- Intended parents are involved throughout the pregnancy experience and are generally able to be present for many key milestones, from the embryo transfer to their baby’s birth.
- Surrogacy gives intended parents the opportunity to know and form a special bond with their surrogate and her family.
- Intended parents may face fewer restrictions with surrogacy than with adoption; those who cannot adopt due to agency restrictions on factors like age can still pursue surrogacy.
- Surrogates have already carried other pregnancies and have a proven uterus, increasing their chances of successfully carrying a surrogate pregnancy. This may make surrogacy more likely to be successful than fertility treatments for intended parents.
- Surrogacy gives intended parents more control and peace of mind throughout the pregnancy than they usually have with fertility treatments or adoption.
While surrogacy is not without its challenges for intended parents, it is often the answer to years of hard work and frustration for hopeful couples and individuals who have tried unsuccessfully to add to their families.
Benefits for Surrogate Mothers
Surrogacy’s benefits for intended parents are clear: these couples and individuals are finally able to add to their families, often after years of trying and hoping for success. But what are the benefits of surrogacy for the women who help them achieve this goal?
Every surrogacy is different, and each surrogate may walk away from her experience with different benefits and rewards. However, each surrogacy is life-changing, and there is something to be gained from every journey.
Here are some of the main ways surrogacy can benefit these amazing women and their families:
- Surrogates enjoy a deep sense of personal satisfaction and pride knowing they have helped another family in such an incredible and life-altering way.
- Women who choose surrogacy are able to share their pregnancy journey with the intended parents and develop a strong bond throughout the process. Many surrogates develop lasting relationships with the families they help create.
- Surrogates allow women who enjoy being pregnant to experience pregnancy again, even if their own families are complete.
- Surrogates often enjoy a strong sense of community with other women who have been in their shoes.
- Surrogates involve their family members, friends, and other supportive people in the process and are able to set a wonderful example of selflessness and generosity for those around them.
- All of the surrogate’s expenses are paid for and reimbursed throughout the pregnancy, and she will enjoy a variety of services throughout the process, including top notch healthcare and counseling services.
- In compensated surrogacy, the surrogate also receives base compensation that can be applied to her financial goals, such as saving for a house or college education.
Surrogacy can be a physically and emotionally demanding experience, and it takes a special person to be a surrogate for another family. However, the women who choose surrogacy agree that seeing a completed family at the end of their journey is the ultimate reward that makes it all worth it.
There are many factors to consider before pursuing surrogacy, and it is not right for everyone. The intended parents and surrogates who choose surrogacy find that the positives far outweigh the negatives, and it is a rewarding experience that deeply enriches the lives of everyone it touches.
Are you interested in learning more about surrogacy or starting the process? Complete our form to request free surrogacy information now.